- 24 year old Malaysia King was arrested, and Arna Kimiai is expected to turn herself soon
- Over 80K has been raised for Khadka on GofundMe that was created by Uber’s early investor Cyan Banister
- One of the passenger Arna Kimiai apparently is active on Instagram (@keepinupwforeign/)
The San Fransisco Police Department announced on Thursday the arrest of 1 of 3 of the suspects in the aggravated assault and robbery of a Nepali Uber Driver.
Malaysia King, one of the women involved in the incident, has been arrested by the Las Vegas Police Department, with charges of assault with a caustic chemical, assault and battery, and conspiracy and violation of health and safety code. The other suspect, Arna Kimiai (24), has communicated through her attorney that she intends to turn herself in “soon”. The third passenger is not currently wanted, according to police.
Uber Driver Subhakar Khadka (32) captured the now-viral video, which shows one the passenger coughing in Khadka’s face, ripping off his mask, and snatching his phone, all while taunting and screaming racial slurs at him. Additionally, Khadka claimed one of the women sprayed pepper spray at him.
According to the San Fransisco Police Department, Subhakar “reported that at approximately 12:45 p.m. he picked up three female passengers at San Bruno Avenue and Felton Street. The driver stopped and ended the ride a few minutes later when he realized one of the passengers was not wearing a mask in compliance with state and local public health orders for COVID-19. The driver said that he could not continue the fare unless all passengers were wearing their masks. An altercation ensued, and one of the passengers reached over the driver from the rear seat area and stole the driver’s cellphone. The victim grabbed and eventually regained possession of his phone.”
“The suspects then exited the car and another passenger reached into an open window and sprayed what is believed to be pepper spray into the vehicle towards the driver. The suspects fled the scene. SFPD’s Robbery Unit took over the investigation and identified two suspects soon after, Ms. Kimiai and Ms. King.”
Uber offered $120 to Khadka to clean his car, and released in a statement that it has banned the 3 riders. Although not affiliated with the incident, Lyft has also banned the riders from their platform, in a statement reading “Although this incident did not involve the Lyft platform, the unacceptable treatment of the driver in this video compelled us to permanently remove the rider from the Lyft community. Driving in a pandemic is not easy. Please wear a mask, respect one another, and be a good person.”
As of this writing over $80k has been raised on GoFundme for Khadka. The campaign was created by Cyan Banister, an early investor of Uber.
Arna Kimiai went on her instagram and defended herself and she plans to sue Uber. Check out the video below.
Although this incident did not involve the Lyft platform, the unacceptable treatment of the driver in this video compelled us to permanently remove the rider from the Lyft community. Driving in a pandemic is not easy. Please wear a mask, respect one another, and be a good person.
— Lyft (@lyft) March 9, 2021
Who is Arna Kimiai?
- Arna Kimiai is the passenger who is seen coughing, grabbing the phone, and snatching the mask.
- Arna Kimiai is a 24 year old of Persian descent (Iranian) and has few instagram accounts including @keepinupwforeign, @foreignskennel, and @foreignbeautybar
- She also filmed herself driving at 122 mph last year
- She and her friends also harassed the driver in Hawaii
- She is also being sued over a 2019 car crash according toTMZ. “A woman filed a civil suit against Arna last month, alleging Kimiai made an unsafe turn and struck her vehicle in L.A,” reports TMZ.
Here are some of her posts from her instagram account :-