Updated Urgent Notice Regarding Travel Restriction Related to COVID-19
On March 13th, 2020, the Government of Nepal decided to enforce the following decisions, directions and precautionary measures following the COVID-19 outbreak. The provisions enlisted in this notice will come into effect from midnight of 14th March 2020 (Saturday midnight) till 30th April 2020. (Department of Immigration)
- Visa-On-arrival for all foreigners has been suspended for aforementioned period.
- All foreigners with a prior visa will need to submit a PCR Swab test certificate issued maximum 7 days before their arrival to Nepal and have to submit at the immigration office at the Tribhuwan International airport.
- Any foreign nationals including NRNs willing to visit Nepal for compelling reasons may contact Nepali diplomatic missions abroad. A recent PCR Swab test certificate issued maximum 7 days before their arrival to Nepal is mandatory along with visa application and it has to be submitted at the immigration office at the Tribhuwan International airport.
- On arrival visa (Gratis), facility to Non- Resident Nepalese is also suspended for the aforementioned period.
- All passengers (Tourists/Expats/Diplomats/students and with official visa) entering Nepal from 14 March, 2020 are subjected for mandatory self-quarantine for 14 days from the date of their arrival.
- All NRNs and Nepali nationals are subjected to mandatory home quarantine for 14 days from the date of their arrival.
- All the permits for mountaineering expeditions issued and to be issued for spring 2020 are suspended.
- All Nepalese residing abroad are requested to avoid non-essential travel and follow high precautionary measures.
- All Nationals from third-world countries will be restricted to enter Nepal via land ports of entry during the aforementioned period and are requested to use the Tribhuvan International Airport.
Ad: PRESTO:Amazon Brand Toilet Paper
Due to the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID19), many countries have taken steps to address the outbreak. According to World Health Organization (WHO), as of Friday (March 13th, 2020), 136,895 confirmed cases of the virus had been reported in more than 123 countries.
Rolling Updates on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
नोवेल कोरोना भाईरसको वारेमा स्वास्थ्य सन्देश – Novel Corona health message NHEICC
PRESTO:Amazon Brand Toilet Paper