UPDATE March 13th, 2020: There is a new update on Travel restrictions too Nepal. Please click here to read in details.
Nepal adds Spain, Germany and France to the list of countries for which there will be temporary suspension of On-Arrival Visa. Below is the statement posted on Nepal Tourism Board website :-
March 11, 2020
Nepal Tourism Board is continuously monitoring the information updates regarding COVID-19 for Nepal to maintain the official information dissemination. The latest updates are:
- Department of Immigration, Nepal has included 3 more countries Spain, Germany and France to the list of countries for which there will be temporary suspension of On-Arrival Visa. The total number of listed countries is now 8 including China including Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Italy, Iran, France, Germany and Spain. They are as per the global recommendation and measures of World Health Organization. (Source: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np)
- The suspension of On-Arrival Visa facility shall be effective from 10th March for China including Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Italy, & Iran. Whereas, for Germany, Spain and France, the rule will be applicable from 13th March 2020. (Source: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np)
- However, nationals from these countries and all travellers coming from these countries, willing to visit Nepal can obtain visa beforehand from the respective Nepali Missions abroad. Those applicants including the nationals transiting from these countries bound to arrive Nepal are required to submit a recently issued health certificate stating that they are not infected by COVID-19 along with their visa applications. This document will be scrutinized both at the immigration counter at Tribhuwan International Airport and land border entry-exit points of Nepal. (Source: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np)
- The above rule shall be applicable to everyone coming to Nepal from the 8 listed countries.
- Also, all Nationals of these 8 countries are required to produce the Health Certificate despite the region or country they are currently living at or coming from.(Source: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np)
NTB has introduced a ‘Just in Case’ card with all the important numbers and email id for queries regarding COVID-19. This will be distributed from the Immigration Counter at TIA and from all entry points to Nepal.
Due to the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID19), many countries have taken steps to address the outbreak. According to World Health Organization (WHO), as of Tuesday (March 12th, 2020), 125,288 confirmed cases of the virus had been reported in more than 118 countries.
Rolling Updates on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
नोवेल कोरोना भाईरसको वारेमा स्वास्थ्य सन्देश – Novel Corona health message NHEICC